The Ohio River Sweep on June 21st was the biggest and best sweep ever thanks to all the volunteers and donations! According to Kelly Chapman of Boone County Solid Waste Management, five 20-yard dumpsters were filled along with two 1-ton dump trucks and one pickup truck. Numerous tires were also collected that day.
A record total of 360 volunteers dragged themselves out of bed on that beautiful June morning to clean up the Ohio river bank. Rabbit Hash topped out with the most volunteers. There were 89 of us plus two Red Cross and four Water Rescue volunteers.
With so much help available, Rabbit Hash collected the most trash of any site this year filling an entire 20-yard dumpster, two 1-ton trucks and a pickup truck. We also recycled two propane tanks as well as 12 tires.
The most amazing "find" this year was a live baby deer! He was tucked away in tall grass, hidden so well that volunteers almost stepped on him.
Door prizes and donuts were donated for each clean-up site this year thanks to numerous businesses and awesome people like:
- Boone Auto and Truck Salvage $200.00
- Kroger’s Mall Road: $20.00 gift card
- Kroger's Hebron: $25.00 worth of donuts
- Bavarian: hats, shirts, mugs
- Rumpke: hat, golf balls, Frisbees
- Wal-Mart: four $25.00 gift cards
- 94.9 the Sound: CD’s, DVD’s, shirts
- Dunkin Donuts (U.S 42): 4 dozen donuts
- M&M Mars: Candy, games, M&M machines, 2 hats, Frisbees, race cars
- Emerson’s Bakery: 9 dozen donuts
It's great to know that so many people care about our community. Hats off to all the volunteers!. And our sincere thanks for keeping Rabbit Hash and Boone County beautiful.
More photos of 2008 Ohio River Sweep
Share this page with your favorite Social Networking website.